Are there any good tile roofers other... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Slate Roof Central Message Board » Ceramic Tile Roofs » Are there any good tile roofers other than myself? « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Old_school (Old_school)
Intermediate Member
Username: Old_school

Post Number: 38
Posted on Monday, January 26, 2009 - 08:13 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

We used to do a lot of tile roofing; the right way. The people didn't want to pay for the right application, and would use the cheap installers; then complain they did not like the results. Go figure.

At least with slate, they assume that it is going to cost more and are willing to pay the difference. I think that the application of slate is actually easier than some of the tile applications, and you can get more for it. Why bother with tile? Just my opinion.

Gosh, the last entry for this one was 5 years ago. How time flies!

Ed Richards
Posted on Thursday, April 24, 2003 - 11:09 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I live in Washington and almost all the roofing contractors for tile are giving tile a bad name by not doing it right and they leak and fall apart,and they do it cheap and it is hard for a quality roofing contractor to get the job.

Nils Simonsen
Posted on Friday, October 01, 2004 - 03:49 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I feel your pain!! It's this way every where. Stay the course, and it will all cycle back around to the good guys..

Regards,

Clarke Brothers
www.tileroof.com

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration