Ceramic Tile Roofs Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Slate Roof Central Message Board » Ceramic Tile Roofs » Ceramic Tile Roofs « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

4stargeneral (4stargeneral)
Username: 4stargeneral

Post Number: 5
Posted on Friday, April 18, 2014 - 12:01 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

My company recently purchased approx 50,000 sq ft, estimated 35-40,000 usable, Ludowici roofing tiles off of an old church. There is 3 different types of tiles, Classic, Coffeyville, Small and a Large Ridge Cap (all green: some plain, some speckeled, some 2 holes, some with 1 hole ) We have Ludowici-Celadon from early 1900's, with dates on the tiles from 1917. All tiles are crated and ready to ship. Looking to sell all. Please contact genaa1964@yahoo.com for more informatuon and photos.

Post Number: 2
Posted on Thursday, April 17, 2014 - 11:51 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Our company recently purchased approx 50,000 sq ft, estimated 35-40,000 usable, Ludowici roofing tiles off of an old church. There is 3 different types of tiles, Classic, Coffeyville, Small and a Large Ridge Cap (all green: some plain, some speckeled, some 2 holes, some with 1 hole ) We have Ludowici-Celadon from early 1900's, with dates on the tiles from 1917. All tiles are crated and ready to ship. Looking to sell all. Please contact genaa1964@yahoo.com

Post Number: 1
Posted on Thursday, April 17, 2014 - 11:49 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Our company recently purchased approx 50,000 sq ft, estimated 35-40,000 usable, Ludowici roofing tiles off of an old church. There is 3 different types of tiles, Classic, Coffeyville, Small and a Large Ridge Cap (all green: some plain, some speckeled, some 2 holes, some with 1 hole ) We have Ludowici-Celadon from early 1900's, with dates on the tiles from 1917. All tiles are crated and ready to ship. Looking to sell all. Please contact genaa1964@yahoo.com for more informatuon and photos.

Djg13 (Djg13)
Username: Djg13

Posted on Thursday, August 29, 2013 - 09:18 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello I have 28 sq of Ludowici Spanish tile available. Trims, sides, caps, tops etc. they are in very good used condition. Pics available or check out Ludowici tile for sale on eBay. If you are interested please contact me via email daizna@gmail.com. I can send more pics directly.

Abedward (Abedward)
Username: Abedward

Posted on Thursday, June 13, 2013 - 12:29 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

What a great thread here. We are new to this site, just signed up today. Look forward to connecting with everyone on here. Lots of useful knowledge! http://www.abedward.com
www.abedward.com | Since 2003 A.B. Edward Enterprises, Incorporated has been providing Chicagoland homeowners with products and installations in the roofing, siding, windows and gutters industry. A.B. Edward has an unblemished A+ Better Business Bureau rating, an Angie’s List Super Service Award Company, and also delivers top industry leading products such as GAF, James Hardie Siding Products, Pella Windows and Doors, DiVinci Roofscapes, Mastic Exterior Siding and more. Today, the family-owned and operated business proudly employs more than 30 people, and our services go well beyond roofing to include, masonry, insulation, decks, exterior painting, stucco, carpentry and more.

Nickwcmedianet (Nickwcmedianet)
Username: Nickwcmedianet

Posted on Tuesday, May 14, 2013 - 05:56 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have an estimated 30-40 squares of Ludowici 18" half barrel tiles available. These are removed from a 1920-30's era house in Illinois, currently in storage. make offer, thanks, Nick 217.306.4404 or nick@wcmedia.net

(Message edited by nick@wcmedia.net on May 14, 2013)

Pebblesc1 (Pebblesc1)
Username: Pebblesc1

Posted on Tuesday, August 21, 2012 - 07:39 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello,

I have available 5,000 plus square ft of White (BRAND NEW, NEVER USED) Ludowici roofing tiles. These tiles retail at $10-15.00 per tile and being that you work with TerraCotta you know this product is a great product and was purchased from the best manufacturer. My financial investment in these beautiful tiles is substantial, as my outlay of cash for these tiles was over $50,000. Since the project was redesigned and did not use these high quality tiles, I am willing to immediately accept serious bids beginning at 40% ($20,000) of my investment amount to move this inventory. The tiles are packaged and sealed and located in Brooklyn and are ready to move as soon as possible. See the photos attached, Ludowici's website and the spec's of this tile all attached. If you have any questions or concerns or for immediate consideration of an offer please contact me at my email below.

Pebbles
pebblesc1@gmail.com

http://www.ludowici.com/product/spec_sheet?id=1
http://www.ludowici.com/documents/PSSpanish13.pdf
http://www.ludowici.com/

Old_school (Old_school)
Username: Old_school

Post Number: 816
Posted on Sunday, May 13, 2012 - 08:33 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hey, I am in need of aout 15 to 20 squares of Ludowici red "S" tile. I have already talked to the usual suspects and am ready to order, but I thought i would check to see if any one in the Michigan area has some they need to get rid of. Trying to be "green" on this one. 1-269-806-1266 "Old School" John R. Crookston

Gillconinc (Gillconinc)
Username: Gillconinc

Posted on Tuesday, May 01, 2012 - 03:15 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

For sale 45 square used Ludowici tiles. Red to brown range, brushed, battered butts
contact - imkanderson65@gmail.com

Slate_man (Slate_man)
Username: Slate_man

Post Number: 704
Posted on Monday, February 13, 2012 - 03:53 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Follow link for Sources-

http://slateroofers.org/sources_ceramic_tile.html

Joinc (Joinc)
Username: Joinc

Posted on Monday, February 13, 2012 - 02:04 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I'm looking to buy new or used green Luduwici S tiles. Somewhere between 300-600 pieces.
Please write to josorioinc@gmail.com and include a photo sample of the tile to insure a match of what i'm looking for

Thanks.

Epl (Epl)
Username: Epl

Post Number: 123
Posted on Thursday, September 22, 2011 - 09:50 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Karen,
I sent you an email concerning your tile.

Thank you,

Renaissance Tile and Slate
Roof tile and slate | Material sales and acquisition

Eric P. Loema
sales | salvage | procurement
Office: (800) 699-5695
Fax: (815) 547-1425
Cell: (815) 378-3646
Web: www.TileandSlateSales.com
Email: epl@TileandSlateSales.com
Connect: www.linkedin.com/in/eloema
Network: www.facebook.com/TileSlate

Karen_v (Karen_v)
Username: Karen_v

Posted on Tuesday, September 20, 2011 - 10:04 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello - I'm about to tear off ceramic tile from my roof (approx 2200 sq. ft., reverse gables). Tiles are: Ludowici-Celadon (made in Chicago, Imperial Tile) - color: green. If you would like to see pictures of the tile, and or to discuss price etc. contact karen@globalcelebration.com

Dru_meshes (Dru_meshes)
Username: Dru_meshes

Posted on Thursday, June 23, 2011 - 10:09 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Vermont slate for sale. 48.33 squares/10,634 pieces.
Random thickness/color, 16" length.
Reclaimed 7/2010. Originally installed new in 07'/08'. Owners demolished home and built bigger/better to keep up with the "Jones".
All crated, banded, shimmed, ready to ship from Northern Illinois. Pictures of slate on roof before removal is available.
Thanks, Dru 815-985-4233 24/7
drum1957

Von56 (Von56)
Username: Von56

Posted on Tuesday, June 29, 2010 - 12:58 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I am in need of a few pieces of giza beige glossy wall tile by porcelanosa. If you can help please e-mail me @ redvenus56@aol.com. or call 609-324-3852.

Thanks so much

Sam Napolitano
Username: Sarcsurfer

Posted on Friday, October 31, 2008 - 10:21 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello! I have approximately 2600 pieces (15.2 squares) of Ludowici-Celadon 13-1/4" Spanish red terra cotta roofing tiles for sale. These were made in the Chicago plant. They appear to be new and never installed on an actual roof, although they are dirty. I also have small quantities of special trim pieces. Pictures are available upon request. All reasonable offers will be considered and responded to promptly.

Dimensions
171 pieces per square / 5.3 lbs per piece / 900.0 lbs per square / 4:12 minimum slope / 9.75" x 13.25" overall / 8.25" x 10.25" exposed

Please contact Sam at (630) 878-2788 or samnap@att.net

Brian S Keith
Username: Hopboard

Posted on Wednesday, June 04, 2008 - 04:49 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

http://jenkinsslate.com/cgi-bin/discus/show.cgi?tpc=19&post=2940#POST2940. Visit www.hopboard.com

Brian S Keith
Username: Hopboard

Posted on Wednesday, June 04, 2008 - 04:41 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

You can easily hop on just about any roof to work using HopBoard® Roof Platforms. If you have a job to do on a roof but cannot build a temporary wooden platform, HopBoard® aluminum platforms are new tools that make roof jobs easier and safer. Our innovative roof platforms are light-weight, portable, and provide a sturdy, level, work space on a variety of roof types and pitches. Visit www.hopboard.com or our e-commerce site http://0182c15.netsolstores.com/ for more information and to place an order.

Jim Schoepflin
Username: Jimschoep

Posted on Wednesday, November 28, 2007 - 12:16 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I am looking to buy 12 Romany tiles, 4x4, color is acquamarine for a bathroom repair. Please contact me on line: jimschoep@aol.com or by phone at 716-297-3429.

Kirk J. Curole
Username: Bigdaddyfrog

Posted on Monday, July 23, 2007 - 03:01 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

We have just pulled a Ludowici-Celadon Imperial tile roof off of and old church and have approx 104 squares of the terra cotta tiles with caps, corners, etc... All tiles are crated and ready to ship. Looking to sell all. Please make offers to curole1@slb.com

Joe Jenkins
Posted on Wednesday, March 07, 2001 - 12:16 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

We do quite a bit of restoration work on ceramic tile roofs. Ceramic tile makes a very nice roof - long lasting, beautiful. These roofs can be repaired and restored to prolong their lives by many decades. Broken tiles are removed and replaced using a special tile hanger that wires to the back of the replacement tile. When flashings are worn out, they can also be replaced. There are numerous sources of new and used ceramic tiles listed in the Slate Roof Bible, as well as an illustration of a home-made tile hanger.

Jon Antonacci
Posted on Tuesday, June 12, 2001 - 07:08 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi, in Australia we use a bedding and pointing method to restore old tile roofs. This has been made easier with a range of products from a company called Shieldcoat. They make a flexible pointing, with obvious benefits, as well as an excellent range of top quality coatings.
Contact me to find out more, Jon
jon@e-motorcycle.com.au

Michael J Borrelli
Posted on Tuesday, July 24, 2001 - 09:58 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi. I am looking for a specific tile whose company went out of business. Can anyone help me? I need 25 pieces of GORY-Vanguard II. They are 13 x 16 inches, and red in color.
I can be contacted by e-mail or phone.
Michael Borrell1 1-800-346-6722
E-mail MBorr95224@aol.com Thank you.

Joe Jenkins
Posted on Wednesday, July 25, 2001 - 12:45 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

There is a page on this web site listing sources of new and used tile at http://www.jenkinsslate.com/new-usedtile.htm

You will find what you need on this list.

max malloy
Posted on Friday, February 13, 2004 - 08:14 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

i am in the process of replacing broken concave and convex terra cotta spanish tiles on my roof. the roofing supply co. does not carry the size that are on my roof. the house is almost 75 years old and the tiles are larger the the standard ones. i want to make my own. can you tell me how? if not where can i find this information?

admin
Posted on Friday, February 13, 2004 - 09:37 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Have you considered removing a section from the back of the roof such as on a dormer side roof and using those tiles to repair your roof? Replace the removed section with the newer tiles.

Also, there are several salvaged tile companies and they are listed on this site at http://www.jenkinsslate.com/new-usedtile.htm

One of them may have your tile.

Angelo
Posted on Friday, August 13, 2004 - 03:57 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi All...I have a terracotta spanish tile roof that I will be replacing in September. I am in the process of selling the tile to an interested party.If you would like to see digital pictures of the tile on and off the house,and or to discuss price etc...email me at ap3131@aol.com.

There is aprox.25-30 square of roofing. The tiles are stamped "Ludowici Celadon Co. Chicago pat'd apr 8th 1924" The tile size is aprox 10" X 13" each.

admin
Posted on Saturday, August 14, 2004 - 11:43 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Angelo,

You may want to check out the list of potential salvaged tile buyers at http://www.jenkinsslate.com/new-usedtile.htm

Joe Jenkins

Daniel Ernst
Posted on Saturday, August 21, 2004 - 12:57 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello All,

I am in the process of designing our future home. I am extremely keen on avoiding the use of asphalt or other modern roofing materials. That said, I am an owner / builder, attempting to construct with saved funds (debt doesn't look very appealing in today's economy).

I have completed some preliminary research on materials / pricing, at least for my locale (Arkansas). Per square I can purchase concrete tile for $100+, clay tile for $350+, and standard slate for even higher (perhaps due to the rising cost of fuel and predominantly NE suppliers).

Although I've read through quite a few posts, I haven't found any discussion on the use of concrete tiles. Obviously, they are an economical alternative to clay tile and slate, but I wonder about durability.

I live in a severe freeze / thaw climate (> 100 cycles per winter in some years). This can wreak havoc on mineral surfaces. Ludowici claims an absorption rate of 1%, while Monier states their product ranges from 8% - 12%. I haven't found any values for slate, but I assume it is fairly low. It's obvious that the clay tile and slate will outlast the concrete, but would a life cycle comparison show a significant benefit for the more expensive products?

In a previous job I traveled to Europe fairly often. Countries such as Germany, France, Italy have a rich history with clay tile products, but are steadily converting to concrete versions. This tells me they are a viable alternative . . . but I'm still not convinced.

Have any of you slate roofers worked with concrete tile products? What is your opinion? Are they to be embraced or avoided?

If it makes a difference, the building design is a modified "dogtrot" (southern vernacular style that incorporates a central breezeway). The roof is a simple gable on an East / West axis, using a 9:12 pitch. There is also a small gable entrance requiring < 20' of valley flashing. It's going to take 32 squares. To help keep the building cool I will use a counterbatten system for ventilation.

Any comments would be greatly appreciated!

(Joe, having perused your site(s), I now realize that you personally respond to quite a few posts. You responded to one of mine on the composting forum. I'm not sure how you manage to operate a roofing profession, author various books, run a website, etc. but many thanks!)

Dominick
Posted on Friday, November 05, 2004 - 03:09 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I seek roof tiles made by Ludowici Celadon Co Chicago, Most are part number Ce86769. About 80 pieces. Need edge pieces, 40 left and 40 right. Thanks

bill dvorak
Posted on Sunday, November 14, 2004 - 07:50 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

hi, i need about 15 squares of ludowici-celadon spanish tile preverably the terra cotta red from the chicago plant to match in color to what i have. my email address is jdd_cheer08@hotmail.com

admin
Posted on Sunday, November 14, 2004 - 11:15 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Check the "sources of new and used tile" page on this website at http://www.jenkinsslate.com/new-usedtile.htm

jchan
Posted on Friday, November 19, 2004 - 11:19 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

We have over 40 squares of Ludowici red spanish available, another 100+ squares of dull greeen and about 30 squares of glazed green. You can contact us at www.durableslate.com or (800)666-7445.

Kirk Jung
Posted on Saturday, November 20, 2004 - 01:21 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I need about 40 pieces of Gory Vanguard II scratch surface tiles in a pinkish/terracotta color. Does anyone know where I may go to look for these.

admin
Posted on Saturday, November 20, 2004 - 08:37 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

http://www.jenkinsslate.com/new-usedtile.htm

Betty Short
Posted on Wednesday, March 09, 2005 - 08:38 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

We need Gory Red clay spanish S tiles 18x11 to repair a roof. These were made in Florida in the 70's.

Avumile Ndlamla
Posted on Thursday, June 02, 2005 - 03:21 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Sir/Madam
I am a student at Cape Peninsula University of Technology in South Africa
Can you please E-mail me about the (comparison of clay tiles roof covering regarding cost and application)i will be very glad if my question would be answered by tomorrow before twelve pm

Darlin Baugh
Posted on Monday, June 06, 2005 - 11:31 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

We are searching for 50-100 Gory Spanish S concrete tiles, and about 50 of the curved caps as well. Any leads out there? I've emailed Doug at Reclaimed Roofs who was listed on the "jenkinsslate" website and am awaiting a reply. We're in Florida, but are willing to have them shipped from anywhere. Thanks.

Martha Murphy
Posted on Wednesday, July 13, 2005 - 12:56 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I am interested to purchase some spanish tile manufactured by Ludowici-Celadon Co. Approx 10" x 13". I also need some of the other pieces to this Spanish style roofing system. I need about 50 pieces. Any ideas? Thanks very much

admin
Posted on Saturday, July 16, 2005 - 08:48 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

http://www.slateroofcentral.com/new-usedtile.htm

KF Loosen
Posted on Monday, August 01, 2005 - 11:17 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

we have spanish tile 2000-3000 pcs. 1000 classic tile, straight barrel mission, eave, closurers, terminals, hip starter, hips, ridges, thermal 2 H & 1 R starter and end. buyer must see - can send pictures.

Anonymous
Posted on Monday, August 01, 2005 - 12:08 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Why don't you put a link to the pictures on this site? You'll reach alot of tile contactors.

Anonymous
Posted on Sunday, August 07, 2005 - 07:06 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

does anybody know of a platform that can be used on a clay tile roof, either to stand on, or to hold equipment?

admin
Posted on Sunday, August 07, 2005 - 11:02 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

We pull off a couple tiles and nail roof jacks to the roof deck, then use a plank on the roof jacks. This makes a quick and suitable platform to work on when doing work on tile roofs. Just put the removed tiles back on (using a tile hanger - see http://www.slateroofcentral.com/TileRepair.htm) after you're done.

John Chan
Posted on Tuesday, August 09, 2005 - 02:52 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

We buy and sell salvaged slate and tile. Call (800)666-7445.

Davis Middleton
Posted on Sunday, August 28, 2005 - 11:43 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

We are having salvaged Ludowici red S tiles installed on our home and need 100 top fixtures, 90 eave closures, and 10 left gable rakes. We have more than needed field tiles and would like to trade them for some of the needed trim. Or we will buy trim, or we are open to selling field tiles at $1.00 per tile

bill dvorak
Posted on Sunday, September 18, 2005 - 10:25 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

to davis middleton regarding the sale of ludowici field tiles. I need 4-5 squares - can you help? jdd_cheer08@hotmail.com

Anne Gartlan
Posted on Wednesday, September 28, 2005 - 09:53 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I need US Ceramic Tile Co. 4x4 field tiles -their old Romany line from the 40's - in Ming Green with a crackle finish. I need about 20 pieces. Pls call 914-720-0223 or amgny1@optonline.net
Thanks very much.

Hannah Geman
Posted on Wednesday, November 02, 2005 - 08:45 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

My roof is green tiles marked Ludowici-Celadon, Chicago, Imperial Tile on the back. Several are damaged and I've been unable to find replacements. Also, some tiles have paint on them left by pesky painters. I'll try some contacts on this site to to find tiles. But if any one has any, let me know. Also, any tips about removing the paint? Thanks. hgeman@cox.net

admin
Posted on Friday, November 04, 2005 - 10:43 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

You should be able to find them on our used tile source list at http://www.slateroofcentral.com/new-usedtile.htm.

Wright Angle Construction
Posted on Sunday, November 06, 2005 - 04:59 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I am looking for white MONIER VANGUARD II FLAT concrete roof tiles to match my existing roof... Any suggestions? I am located in southeast FL (Delray Beach to be exact) Any help would be greatly appreciated...thanx, Susan

Anonymous
Posted on Tuesday, November 08, 2005 - 07:52 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi,I am restoring an old home in Mass.and need to replace floor tiles on the front porch.Terracotta, sized 5" by 9" and one inch thick.Made by Ludowici-Celadon Co. circa 1906-1910.Can anyone help me out?
Please e-mail at Waterbabies911@aol.com

art chason
Posted on Tuesday, November 29, 2005 - 10:02 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

looking for 2 square ludowici norman 7x15 flat tile used or new

Anonymous
Posted on Sunday, December 18, 2005 - 12:50 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

This may be a weird question for this forum, but does anyone know the history of Talavera tiles? I realize it's Mexican in nature, but when I enter in a search for history I don't find much except tile merchants like http://www.talaverausa.com.

I have looked on Geneology.com, but no one answered my post yet.

Thank you for your time.
Phillip

Anonymous
Posted on Monday, December 19, 2005 - 10:39 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Try this link:

http://www.inside-mexico.com/art1.htm

Catherine Coleman
Posted on Monday, January 30, 2006 - 01:51 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

My roof was damaged in the hurricane (SWFL). I have been trying to find a match to the Gory concrete broom finish. Insurance has agreed to replace the entire roof. If Gory is no more, is there another manufacture of a red concrete tile that has a broom finish to replace my entire roof?

Anonymous
Posted on Monday, January 30, 2006 - 06:37 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Try LUDOWICI tile out of Chicago, IL. They made need a sample of your tile or a VERY good picture to see if they have any that match yours.

admin
Posted on Monday, January 30, 2006 - 09:00 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

http://www.slateroofcentral.com/new-usedtile.htm

s cupp
Posted on Monday, February 20, 2006 - 02:14 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I need 20 life tile, bar style, concrete roof tiles. They are red in color & are 17 x 12.25 inches. HELP !!!

Myra Quirk
Posted on Friday, April 07, 2006 - 09:58 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I am looking for about 10 to 20 white concrete GORY USA VANGUARD II roof tiles for replacement of cracked tiles on my current home.

mark
Posted on Saturday, April 08, 2006 - 01:14 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I need Gory grey concrete broom finish flat tile 16 square . I am in Jacksonville Florida call me anytime 904 716 2020 . Thank you. Mark.

Anonymous
Posted on Tuesday, April 18, 2006 - 06:10 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I just had my valley replaced on my monier flat concrete tile roof. I noticed that the roof looks wavy now in that area. Is that normal?

Ken Chesnutt
Posted on Thursday, April 20, 2006 - 11:12 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I need to purchase 4 or 5 squares of Ludowici spanish S red clay roof tile used, within 750 miles of Okla. City wwith some hips,etc.

MIGUEL CESPEDES
Posted on Friday, May 19, 2006 - 11:28 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

maca1000@aol.com
looking for a roof tile manufacturing machine and the entire set up to produce ceramic tiles,the whole plant will be shiped to south america.

Camille Sharp
Posted on Friday, May 26, 2006 - 07:45 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I am in need of around 20 Gory concrete red broom finished tile to go on the peak of my roof that was damaged from the hurricane. Please contact me if you know where we may get some. Thank you--954-752-3113 or sharpjcjd@bellsouth.net

katie Thomas
Posted on Saturday, June 03, 2006 - 12:10 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I am desperate, need so badly 40 Premium Durilite Shake (charcole) have looked everywhere. can anyone help please take time to email. Thank You.

Joe Jenkins
Posted on Monday, June 05, 2006 - 11:04 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did you contact Durable or Custom Tile Roofing, etc? http://jenkinsslate.com/new-usedtile.htm

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration