Opportunity to Showcase Reused Tile i... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Slate Roof Central Message Board » Ceramic Tile Roofs » Opportunity to Showcase Reused Tile in New Fine Homebuilding Book « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Bob Falk
Username: Bob_falk

Post Number: 3
Posted on Friday, April 13, 2007 - 03:38 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi,
My name is Bob Falk and I am the author of the new Fine Homebuilding book "Unbuilding: Salvaging the Architectural Treasures of Unwanted Homes" (see link below). I am working on a followup book for FH that documents the reuse of building materials. In one chapter I want to showcase the
reuse of roofing materials in new house construction and remodeling; including slate, tile, and metal .
I am looking for projects that show the reuse of these roofing materials, both on the roof and in other unique ways. These should be “eye-grabbing” photos, well-composed and high quality. Secondly, I want to document the process of salvaging, refurbishing (where appropriate), and installation of the roofing. So, if you have upcoming projects showing this process, I or a photographer can be sent out to document the installation. Or, if you already have good photography, the publisher and I would like to review it and, if chosen, get your permission to publish the photo(s). You would get your work published and credited and get a copy of the book when it’s released.

In addition to roofing, I will be covering other salvaged buildings materials; doors, windows, cabinets, period architectural elements, mantles, ironwork, wood flooring, lumber, hardware. Basically, anything in a house that might be reused. So, if you have (or know of) projects that include the reuse of these other materials, I am interested. Also, the reuse of industrial and commercial items is also of interest.

Because Fine Homebuilding is a high-end publication, quality photos are important. Film or quality digital are required. If you are interested in being part of this unique opportunity, contact me at rfalk@wisc.edu
Projects within driving distance of my home in Madison, Wisconsin are ideal, but not required.

Thanks, Bob

PS. This is a GREAT website. Kudos to you all for keeping the slate craft alive!
My book can be found at:
http://www.amazon.com/Unbuilding-Salvaging-Architectural-Treasures-Unwanted/dp/1 561588253/sr=8-1/qid=1171394023/ref=sr_1_1/103-7821237-9871831?ie=UTF8&s=books

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration