Cost of new tile only Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Slate Roof Central Message Board » Slate Roofing Costs » Cost of new tile only « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Blue_sky_roofing (Blue_sky_roofing)
Username: Blue_sky_roofing

Post Number: 66
Posted on Monday, January 13, 2014 - 10:57 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I've got 9 sq. myself, howbeit used. I had them tested after we tore them off and they are composed of 15% asbestos. Wish I had never saved them. The color composite they use is highly vulnerable to the UV rays from the sun. They would probably be better used for a wall rather than a roof (ie - siding a shed or out building)

Old_school (Old_school)
Username: Old_school

Post Number: 1042
Posted on Wednesday, January 08, 2014 - 07:01 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Well said Mr. Chan!

John_chan (John_chan)
Username: John_chan

Post Number: 140
Posted on Tuesday, January 07, 2014 - 07:53 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Unfortunately, not too much. Supradur had to take the asbestos out of their fake slate in the late 80's, and Supradur II (their subsequent product) was horrible. It caused them to go bankrupt in the early 90's. There are very few Supradur roofs left. Although some brokers sell Supradur, I think most of them have all they need and more. You can try Renaissance, but it's worth very little if anyone is willing to buy it at all. By the time you factor in shipping, I think you'll probably wind up putting it in a landfill.

Johnnyb (Johnnyb)
Username: Johnnyb

Post Number: 1
Posted on Monday, January 06, 2014 - 06:12 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I was curious as to how much brand new slate would go for per Square or tile. I have 9 Square of gray Supra-Slate from Supradur (no longer in business). I have 90 unopened packages containing 22 pieces of slate (each package is 1/10th of a square). It is all still on the palette and has been stored in a garage. The tiles measure approximately 16" x 9 1/2" and have 4 nail holes in them. Any info would be appreciated.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration