How Much Should Slate cost on New Con... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Slate Roof Central Message Board » Slate Roofing Costs » How Much Should Slate cost on New Construction? « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Anonymous
Posted on Thursday, January 26, 2006 - 09:19 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I'm considering a slate roof for a new house I'm getting ready to build. I think the total roof area is around 50-60 squares. The roof is a mansard style with a 4/12 pitch on the top slope and a 51/12 pitch on the side slope. The house has 7 dormers but otherwise no valleys. If I went with the Vermont unfading green slate what range of prices per square could I expect?
Thanks

Steve T
Posted on Saturday, January 28, 2006 - 08:18 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Where is this house located??

Anonymous
Posted on Saturday, January 28, 2006 - 08:48 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Ohio, I hr north of Dayton

Steve T
Posted on Sunday, January 29, 2006 - 01:51 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

It is hard to give a price without looking at a set of blue prints. Most of our jobs run $9 to $15 per square foot slate,labor and copper.With quarter inch thick slate and a good warranty.

My family here in Vermont are fourth generation quarriers and one of the oldest in the slate valley. If you would like some direct quarry prices please let me know. also you can visit our website at www.vtslateroofers.com

John Chan
Posted on Tuesday, January 31, 2006 - 07:01 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The best thing to do is to let a qualified slater look at the blueprints. The Durable Slate Company has 3 offices in Ohio and has won the BBB's International Integrity Award for Marketplace Ethics. We are the only roofing company to do so in the history of the BBB. You can get a free quote at (800) 666-7445.

Matthew Heider
Posted on Tuesday, January 31, 2006 - 10:48 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks Steve I'll look at your site

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration