Flat seam copper roof -- 40 sq. ft. Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Slate Roof Central Message Board » Slate Roofing Costs » Flat seam copper roof -- 40 sq. ft. « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Old_school (Old_school)
Username: Old_school

Post Number: 665
Posted on Friday, July 22, 2011 - 01:23 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

What slate man said! You have to bend the flashing for around the perimeter and clip everything and by the time you get all of that done, you only have 6 panels to clip into the center. It is a lot of detail work and very little flat panel seaming. One guy for a couple of days anyway.

Slate_man (Slate_man)
Username: Slate_man

Post Number: 674
Posted on Friday, July 22, 2011 - 07:27 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I would say the high end would be around $60 to $70 due to how small the project is there will be alot of set up and tear down for a small amount of work.

Lv_pa (Lv_pa)
Username: Lv_pa

Post Number: 26
Posted on Thursday, July 21, 2011 - 04:55 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Yes, it does need drip edge on one side, and there is a brick wall on the other side that would need to be flashed. The high end is tucked up close under a built-in gutter overhang, and would just need to be sealed somehow.

Your estimate is fairly close to a quote I just received, but it does seem like a lot to me. The materials cost would be, what, $10/sq ft? Maybe I don't understand how much labor is involved.

Old_school (Old_school)
Username: Old_school

Post Number: 663
Posted on Thursday, July 21, 2011 - 02:22 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Drip edge around it? Walls around it that have to be flashed? Are the walls brick that have to be counter/flashed? For 40 square feet, I would imagine you would be talking about $50/ a foot

Lv_pa (Lv_pa)
Username: Lv_pa

Post Number: 24
Posted on Thursday, July 21, 2011 - 12:30 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello,

Can anyone tell me what would be a reasonable cost to install a 70" by 80" (approx 40 sq. ft.) flat seam copper roof?

This section of roof has a low slope (about 1 in 8) and is about 12 feet off the ground. The job location is in Eastern Pennsylvania (Lehigh Valley area).

Thanks,
LVPA

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration