Recycling Cost? Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Slate Roof Central Message Board » Slate Roofing Costs » Recycling Cost? « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

john j
Posted on Sunday, May 22, 2005 - 02:21 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I know of a building that has a slate roof that is to be torn down some time soon. I already posted about the new home that we are building, and that we are planning on a slate roof. My question is, is it possible to find a contractor to reclaim the slate and for us to use it in our project? Would it be cost effective? The slate is a couple of stories up, on a 12/12 pitched roof, if that matters...

Thanks again!!

Walter Musson
Posted on Sunday, May 22, 2005 - 05:18 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The first question might be-what is the type and age of this roof.Doe's it have a high enough life expectancy left to make it worthwhile to you to pay someone to salvage it for your use.
If it is good sound stone then perhaps the answer is yes-depending on finding an experiened crew to remove and salvage it.
Steve Taran just posted here the other day with 12"x18" Monson that he now has available.That's some of the best slate ever quarried.That route might save you some worry over trying to find people to remove an as yet undetermined quality of slate.

john j.
Posted on Sunday, May 22, 2005 - 05:50 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks! I have had some contact with Mr. Taran, and will still look into the salvage, but we will certainly have more options in buying...

STEVET
Posted on Friday, June 24, 2005 - 03:52 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

JOHN,

CONTACT ME AT 1 802 265 4506 OR 802 342 0309

THANKS
STEVE TARAN JR,

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration