Cost for replacing valleys, gutters, ... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Slate Roof Central Message Board » Slate Roofing Costs » Cost for replacing valleys, gutters, and downspouts « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Janssenhouse
Posted on Sunday, October 17, 2004 - 05:40 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

After trying for 6 months to get someone out to our house to give us an estimate on replacing flashing, gutters and downspouts, we're left with an estimate that is difficult for us to judge. Perhaps some you here could help??

Replace 126 lin. ft. valleys, 300 ft. gutters, 205 ft. downspout.

Cost: $25,380

Does not include any slate replacement, price is for 16 oz copper.

About 5 years ago we got a estimate for what we thought was the same work for $14,000.

Anonymous
Posted on Sunday, October 17, 2004 - 06:31 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

First, I would never replace valley's with 16oz. copper. I would use 20oz. copper only. Next be careful of the type of copper gutter contractor priced for, as there is a differance. For instance most gutter is 16oz. with a poor hanger system however there is some really good copper gutter out there that is 20.5oz. with a great hanger system. As far as price well, this type of work is expensive especially if one is paying all the proper insurances (workmans compensation, liability and vechile(business)insurance). How many slate is in need of replacement? Usually we bid the slate work (repair) as part of the job unless, homeowner tells us other wise. SLATE ON!

Robert Harriss
Posted on Wednesday, October 19, 2005 - 09:35 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi, I have a two story bungalow house in Maryland and recently had a local slate roofer come out to give me an estimate for new copper gutters. The quote given was $3270.00 for 115 feet of half-round copper gutter, complete with 76 feet of 3" spouting. There are a total of 8 gutters on the house, I think 4 on the 2nd floor.

He also quoted me $1840.00 for the k style aluminum gutter in 5".

Does this sound reasonable?

Also, I have dormer that protrudes from the main house and has apparently just over "2 squares" of slate on top (none on the sides) that are in disrepair and need to be completely replaced. He hasn't yet given me an estimate for the slate, but stated that I was looking at between $3000 and $4000 to do that kind of job.

Thanks for anyones help.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration