HELP - NEED ADVISE- SALVAGE TECHNIQUE??? Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Slate Roof Central Message Board » Slate Roofing Costs » HELP - NEED ADVISE- SALVAGE TECHNIQUE??? « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Epl (Epl)
Intermediate Member
Username: Epl

Post Number: 38
Posted on Monday, November 09, 2009 - 10:57 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

If you would like, I can assist with palletizing, pallets, and digital photos of pallets that we have out here.

Please let me know if I can help.

Thank you,
Eric P. Loema
Sales | Salvage | Procurement
P (800) 699-5695 | F (815) 547-1425
Web: www.TileandSlateSales.com | E-mail: epl@TileandSlateSales.com

Old_school (Old_school)
Username: Old_school

Post Number: 277
Posted on Sunday, November 08, 2009 - 09:54 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Make boxes around pallets; 16" high is fine. You can sort the slates on the roof if you want, but I would tend to just put them all in the boxes as they come off, stacked on EDGE!!! A 42 inch square pallet full is going to weigh about 3,000#
so don't try and double stack them.

If you sell them as a lot, they will all be pre-blended as far as size and color this way, though it will be hard to tell exactly how many of each size you have. I don't normally try and keep all of the cuts, and you are sure to have some broken ones to throw away. Good luck!

Thunderbay (Thunderbay)
Username: Thunderbay

Post Number: 1
Posted on Sunday, November 08, 2009 - 06:30 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Have access to salvage 60 sq on a 6/12 single story 1970 ranch. Must be done this week. Demo starts next Saturday. Slates are black seems solid has a ring tone to it. and 9-10-11-12-14 widths x 18" - 3" head lap. Plan on starting at ridge and works down Need advice on what the best tools, how to efficiently remove slates and stack on the roof. I have a fork lift to reach up with pallets. what the best way to stack the slates on the pallets. Should i stack them by width? Thanks for whatever help i get.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration