New Upcoming PA Building Regulations Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Slate Roof Central Message Board » Slate Roofing Costs » New Upcoming PA Building Regulations « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Steve Kendrish
Posted on Monday, May 10, 2004 - 10:49 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I hope that I have posted this in a forum that will reach the greatest audience.

I am concerned with the new PA state-wide building codes that towns are slowly putting into effect. Is anyone well versed in the new regulations? I have heard horror stories that the DIYer will not be able to replace a hot water tank or window.

This can be detrimental to my plans for replacing my slate roof. There is no way I can afford to have my roof replaced by a licensed slate roofing contractor.(no offense to all the pros out there)

I was hoping to do it over time by myself with the aid of my SRB. Right now I'm in a panic, since my borough manager told me that after June 14th, the cost of building permits will increase by 10 times since the borough has no authorized inspectors!!! Not to mention how long it will take for approval, etc.

In my opinion, if the horror stories are true, I might as well move into a condo. My skills are comparable to most carpentry and remodeling pros out there and I love to work on my house. I undersand that safety is a major concern, but this is going too far.

Any help or words of comfort?

Thanks

Steve
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

admin
Posted on Monday, May 10, 2004 - 09:58 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

There are no licenses required for roofing contractors here in western PA.

Joe

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration