Identifying Asbestos Tile w Warranty ... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Slate Roof Central Message Board » Asbestos Roofs » Identifying Asbestos Tile w Warranty Info « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Old_school (Old_school)
Username: Old_school

Post Number: 1056
Posted on Wednesday, April 23, 2014 - 08:14 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Working on one of them right now. I believe that is an old Johns Manville asbestos slate. they are 30" wide and go from 8" on either end to 14 " in the middle. That roof was probably installed in the early 60's so it is about 50 years old right now. If it is all in that shape, it is in great shape and if it is not leaking I would LEAVE IT ALONE!!!

It is past it's warranty already and Johns Manville is out of business for a long time. They were forced into bankruptcy directly relating to asbestos lawsuits, some I am sure relating to this type of product.

FYI, the moss is not hurting anything. You can have it cleaned if you want to, but make sure and STAY OFF THE ROOF! They will break if stepped on hard or in the wrong place and they are hard to get.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Mattsv1983 (Mattsv1983)
Username: Mattsv1983

Post Number: 7
Posted on Monday, April 21, 2014 - 06:27 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi, trying to find out warranty and life expectancy of this asbestos tile. Any additional info such as engineers opinions on life expectancy would be appreciated.

Thanks, Matt

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration