Is this an asbestos roof Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Slate Roof Central Message Board » Asbestos Roofs » Is this an asbestos roof « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Olde_mohawk_masonry__historic_restoration (Olde_mohawk_masonry__historic_restoration)
Username: Olde_mohawk_masonry__historic_restoration

Post Number: 155

Posted on Wednesday, May 11, 2011 - 06:56 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

More importantly, you do not have to remove it. Not even California will force a property owner to remove asbestos roofing ... imagine the difficulties in economically depressed areas if they tried to do so.

Old_school (Old_school)
Username: Old_school

Post Number: 630
Posted on Monday, May 09, 2011 - 07:15 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Does it leak? If it isn't broken, why try and fix it?

John_chan (John_chan)
Username: John_chan

Post Number: 79
Posted on Monday, May 09, 2011 - 06:35 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

You can have it tested, but it looks like asbestos from the pictures. I just looked at a corrugated asbestos roof here in New Orleans on the back shed of a house with slate. It was confirmed to be asbestos by a lab.

Drsushap (Drsushap)
Username: Drsushap

Post Number: 1
Posted on Monday, May 09, 2011 - 01:16 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi,

I just bought my house 4 -years ago.....it was inspected...nothing said about the roof on a small portion of the house...

A contractor was here today, about something else and told me that this roof was asbestos and neeeded or had to be removed....I am attaching photos of the roof.......Can u tell buy looking at a photograph? How do I determine if it is asbestos? Do I need to remove it? Is it a problem as it is?

Thanks.

photo of the roof

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration