Supra slate Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Slate Roof Central Message Board » Asbestos Roofs » Supra slate « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Blue_sky_roofing (Blue_sky_roofing)
Username: Blue_sky_roofing

Post Number: 6
Posted on Tuesday, May 04, 2010 - 09:52 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Yeah! All my slate are stacked with the 'faces' all the same direction as well as the bottoms all to one side. When ever I grab a hand full and take them up on the roof, I don't have to flip & turn & rotate.

It kills me to see slate piled vertically. You know how much 'capillary action' there is stacked that way. And after it rains and you grab a handfull, your legs get about 10 gal. of water dumped on them.

Old_school (Old_school)
Username: Old_school

Post Number: 455
Posted on Tuesday, May 04, 2010 - 09:17 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

At least you stacked them right.

Post Number: 5
Posted on Tuesday, May 04, 2010 - 05:00 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Post Number: 4
Posted on Monday, May 03, 2010 - 09:58 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

They are 9 x 16, and are gray in color (I suppose they are techniquely called 'black'). One of my kids will have to do the 'pic' thing (My computer skills only go so far - lol)
I believe that they were originally installed in 1986. We removed them in 2005 due to a remodeling / addition project as the homeowner wanted the entire roof the same material (Certainteed's Carriage house shingles = $$$$$).

Epl (Epl)
Username: Epl

Post Number: 80
Posted on Monday, May 03, 2010 - 09:49 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Dale,
Please send me a photo as I may be interested. Please also include the length and width.

Thank you,
Eric P. Loema

Sales | Salvage | Procurement

P (800) 699-5695 | F (815) 547-1425

Web: www.TileandSlateSales.com | www.ClayTileRoof.com

E-mail: epl@TileandSlateSales.com | epl@ClayTileRoof.com

Old_school (Old_school)
Username: Old_school

Post Number: 454
Posted on Monday, May 03, 2010 - 07:42 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

If you throw them into a dumpster, you are going to have to get a manifest and they will charge you about 3 to 4 times as much as normal. At least that is what it is like here in Michigan. If someone has a need for them they would be good on a roof. I don't. Good luck!

Post Number: 2
Posted on Sunday, May 02, 2010 - 10:16 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I've got approx. 10 sq of them (used), and they do contain 15% asbestos (had then tested). Are they worth resaleing? -or are they 'dumpster material'?

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration