Power washed asbestos tile roof Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Slate Roof Central Message Board » Asbestos Roofs » Power washed asbestos tile roof « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Mr_clean_co (Mr_clean_co)
Username: Mr_clean_co

Post Number: 2

Posted on Saturday, July 18, 2009 - 02:32 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

It is a good thing to remove the moss and soil from the roof but you then need a coating that can protect the asbestos tile from the weather. If not, after the cleaning you will be right back where you started at within a year and the tile will be thinner. It is true, you don't just take a pressure washer and clean it, there is a proper way of doing it. There is more on this at http://www.asbestos1.com

Old_school (Old_school)
Username: Old_school

Post Number: 165
Posted on Saturday, July 04, 2009 - 10:52 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Ready, FIRE, Aim! If they walked on the roof while they were "cleaning" it, I am sure they broke a lot of the slates up there too. I am sure that the stuff you are seeing everywhere was always coming down, but you just made it come down all at once and also wore a bunch of "it" loose before it's time. Clean it up and have it buried. Depending on how bad it is, you may want to have an abatemant contractor take a look at it. The problem is that they tend to "find" something everywhere and everytime they look. For a lot of money too. Maybe your homeowners policy can help. Some have exceptions for this type of stuff. Since I am not an expert and haven't seen it, I am in no position to give advice. Good luck!

Tim_dittmar (Tim_dittmar)
Username: Tim_dittmar

Post Number: 51
Posted on Tuesday, June 30, 2009 - 03:42 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Shhhhh! This needs to be handled discretely....

Diana (Diana)
Username: Diana

Post Number: 1
Posted on Tuesday, June 30, 2009 - 01:14 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi. We just had our asbestos roof power-washed and now I have residue everywhere and I'm worried about the dust! Can anyone give me advise on what to do about all the dust that is stuck to evrtyhing around my house?! The roof was put on on 1951 and it is the original roof. I am concerned now as I am doing research that we should not have power-washed it! Also trying to find someone who can do some minor repairs and flashing. Help!

Anonymous
Posted on Thursday, May 06, 2004 - 03:12 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

On advise from a roofer, we power washed our tile roof. It is gray, in sheets 6 foot by 3 foot approximately and covers a 2400 sq ft building. The grounds surrounding are pea gravel. After they were done, I noticed a gray residue on the ground. Some has fibers in it. It is asbestos tile I recently learned. What to do????? How do I clean this up , is the roof still safe? I am shoveling up the residue while it is wet. Do I need to have all gravel removed, even if i see no further residue? Do I seal the tile?

Anonymous
Posted on Tuesday, January 24, 2006 - 02:57 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

About every thirty years asbestos roofing should be cleaned and recoated ( by a company that is certified in the cleaning of asbestos and the installation, in case there are broken, cracked or missing ones. This is the only known company to know how to do both and they have the only known asbestos coating that works. Hit this link to check out their website: http://www.asbestos1.com

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration